on Monday 31 March, 2025
Lebanon makes arrests over rockets fired at Israel
People gather at the site of an Israeli strike, in Beirut southern suburbs, Lebanon, March 28, 2025. (Reuters)
Lebanese authorities said Sunday several suspects had been arrested after rockets were fired at Israel earlier this month, testing a fragile November ceasefire.
Lebanon’s General Security agency said it had “arrested a number of suspects, and the relevant authorities have begun investigations with them to determine responsibility and take the appropriate legal measures.”
Militant group Hezbollah, which fought a devastating war with Israel last year, has denied involvement in the rocket fire that took place on March 22 and 28.
It however prompted an Israeli strike on Hezbollah’s Beirut stronghold for the first time since the truce went into effect in November.
With AFP
Most read
Trump Says "Real Pain Is Yet To Come" For Houthis
Israel estimates Houthis only have ‘few dozen’ ballistic missiles left
France’s Marine Le Pen barred from running for president in 2027 after graft conviction
Trump threatens secondary tariffs on Russian oil if unable to make deal on Ukraine
Internal Feuds and U.S. Strikes Force Houthis to Isolate Leadership, Tighten Security